Tuesday 14 June 2016

Keri Hilson speaks on love for Nigeria Read

American singer, songwriter, actress and philanthropist Keri Hilson recently visited Beat FM, Lagos and spoke with radio host Tolu ‘Toolz’ Oniru-Demuren on the current Airtel Trace Music Star competition, her music and other interesting subjects. She revealed that the winner of the competition will get to hang out with her for some time and together they’ll be recording a song as well as shooting a video. Hilson also stated that she’ll be writing the song.
Having successfully written a bunch of hit songs, she tells Toolz that she can’t actually choose between songwriting and recording as she enjoys both of them for different reasons. She said: “You know something, I can’t choose. I enjoy both of them for different reasons. “Like performing is something I always envisioned. I always saw myself on stage or accepting awards and me being in the limelight. Songwriting was me being practical. “I enjoyed it, I did it from a younger age, But it was also my plan B and my plan B brought me back to my plan A and I’m grateful. I can’t choose one.” She also spoke about her involvement in the creative process as she looks to get the contestants at the Airtel Trace music competition to learn. According to her, a singer’s voice is just a part of the story, only a small part of what it takes to be a superstar. The Knock You Down singer also advised the contestants to rehearse but moderately to avoid losing their voices.
She’s written and sang background vocals for R&B and hip hop artistes over the years including Mary J. Blige, Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez. The 33-year-old has earned two Grammy nominations as well as several other awards like the Soul Train Music Awards, MOBO Award, the BET Award and others. Hilson is widely reputed for the hit songs Knock You Down, I Like, Turnin Me On and Pretty Girl Rock.


0 comments: